Tobias & Tobias is a dynamic and growing strategy and design-led consultancy with a reputation for solving complex challenges.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Principal Designer with excellent leadership qualities, a strong foundation in User Experience, Interaction and Digital Product design, and a good eye for visual aesthetics.
This is a great role for an energetic, confident and bold person with experience in exploring digital propositions and designing complex products, including information design and data visualisation. Someone who can push boundaries and take risks, supported by solid thinking and rationale. And someone who can shape approaches to projects, who wants to lead and guide others in the team.
You will need to be a conceptual thinker who views a client brief holistically, looking at the bigger picture, questioning to uncover the real opportunity and proposition; bringing your ideas to life through story telling and prototyping, turning them into pixel-perfect digital solutions.
As a design consultancy we expect everyone in the team to work closely with clients, to be able to clearly articulate your ideas with passion and conviction, displaying confidence in explaining and defending the underlying thinking behind your work.
As a Principal Designer we also expect you to make a significant contribution to developing our practice, challenging and helping to shaping our own methods and ways of working. We are looking for creative thinkers with a positive mindset and a practical, can-do attitude!
You should have:
• At least 7 years experience of UX/UI design
• Excellent consultancy skills and a natural desire to lead and guide other designers
• A strong portfolio featuring examples of outstanding design work, one that demonstrates an ability to create simple solutions to complex problems, and interfaces that are intuitive, beautiful and user-friendly
• Explore concepts, shape design solutions and rapidly visualise a proposition, through sketching and prototyping
• Expertise in service design, shaping at the broader operational and business value contexts that complement a digital proposition
• Have a strong focus on quality and timely delivery
• Can articulate your ideas across multiple audiences from product teams and senior stakeholders to technical architects and developers
Think this sounds like you? Send us your resume and portfolio to email@example.com